UNAIDS appointed Brazilian actor Mateus Solano, best known for his role in the popular television soap opera Amor à Vida, as its first...
President of Brazil Dilma Rousseff joined on 10 June the UNAIDS’ Protect the Goal campaign to raise global awareness of HIV.
UNAIDS ‘Protect the Goal’ campaign is a global social movement, mobilizing the power of sport to empower young people to access HIV...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2013)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 730,000 [660,000 - 810,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.6% [0.5% - 0.6%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 720,000 [660,000 - 800,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 210,000 [200,000 - 230,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 16,000 [12,000 - 21,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS Country Director
Chair, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS and UNICEF Representative
Country progress reports - 2014 PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012 PDF