President of Brazil Dilma Rousseff joined on 10 June the UNAIDS’ Protect the Goal campaign to raise global awareness of HIV.
UNAIDS ‘Protect the Goal’ campaign is a global social movement, mobilizing the power of sport to empower young people to access HIV...
The iconic Brazilian landmark of Christ the Redeemer was the venue for an event hosted on 24 May to promote respect and human rights....
HIV and AIDS estimates (2013)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 730,000 [660,000 - 810,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.6% [0.5% - 0.6%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 720,000 [660,000 - 800,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 210,000 [200,000 - 230,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 16,000 [12,000 - 21,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS Country Director
Chair, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS and UNICEF Representative
Country progress reports - 2014 PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012 PDF