Some 100 000 more people living with HIV in Brazil are set to receive life-saving antiretroviral therapy (ART) under a major new...
The Municipality of Salvador in the State of Bahia today signed a Memorandum of Understanding with UNAIDS in which both organizations...
The critical issues that middle-income countries face in ensuring they have access to affordable and high-quality HIV medicines were...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- [530,000 - 660,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- [0.4% - 0.5%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- [520,000 - 650,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- [160,000 - 190,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- [11,000 - 19,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS country officer
Chair, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS and UNESCO representative
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF