Brazil is among the leaders in ensuring HIV services reach all people. Created in June of 2009 the Ambulatory Service of Integral Health...
Some 100 000 more people living with HIV in Brazil are set to receive life-saving antiretroviral therapy (ART) under a major new...
The Municipality of Salvador in the State of Bahia today signed a Memorandum of Understanding with UNAIDS in which both organizations...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- [530,000 - 660,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- [0.4% - 0.5%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- [520,000 - 650,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- [160,000 - 190,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- [11,000 - 19,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
UNAIDS Country Director
Chair, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS and UNICEF Representative
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF