Democratic Republic of the Congo
On the sidelines of the 14th Summit of the Francophonie, the First Lady of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Marie Olive Lembé...
In a meeting on 12 October with the Prime Minister of Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Matata Ponyo Mapon, UNAIDS Executive...
When we talk about AIDS we often look at the sobering statistics such as the estimated number of 22.5 million people living with HIV in...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 480,000 [440,000 - 530,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 1.1% [1.0% - 1.2%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 390,000 [360,000 - 430,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 230,000 [210,000 - 260,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- 88,000 [77,000 - 100,000]
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 32,000 [29,000 - 36,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
- 390,000 [350,000 - 440,000]
Democratic Republic of the Congo Contacts
Mamadou Lamine Sakho
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2010PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF