Honduras is moving a step closer to the UNAIDS vision of ‘zero discrimination’. Its Congress has recently adopted a reform of the...
UNAIDS provides volunteers with technical support for the planning and implementation of community mobilization and outreach activities,...
It is indeed sad news to hear of the passing of Allan Dunaway who died in San Pedro de Sula, Honduras on 25 January 2009 at the age of 39.
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 26,000 [21,000 - 33,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.5% [0.4% - 0.7%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 23,000 [19,000 - 30,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 9,400 [8,000 - 11,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 1,700 [1,300 - 2,200]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
Chair, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS and PAHO representative
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF