Islamic Republic of Iran
In the Islamic Republic of Iran, HIV prevalence among prisoners is about eight times higher than in the general population. Injecting...
The Executive Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Antonio Maria Costa, and the Deputy Secretary General of...
The Islamic Republic of Iran hosted the second session of the Islamic Conference of Health Ministers (ICHM) bringing together...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 71,000 [53,000 - 100,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.2% [0.1% - 0.2%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 70,000 [52,000 - 100,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 19,000 [13,000 - 30,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 4,600 [3,200 - 6,400]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17