Inside the Issaka-Gazobi maternity clinic a group of women are waiting expectantly for a meeting very few imagined they would ever have....
The First Lady of Niger, Aïssata Issoufou Mahamadou, promised to use her influence to greatly expand prevention of mother to child...
The annual congress of the African Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians took place in Niger from 21-23 January 2013 under the...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 46,000 [39,000 - 56,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.5% [0.4% - 0.6%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 36,000 [30,000 - 45,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 20,000 [16,000 - 25,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 3,400 [2,600 - 4,300]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
Félicité Ndimira Nsabimana
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF