The President of Sri Lanka has reaffirmed the country’s commitment to be “a champion in the AIDS response” towards achieving a...
Communities at higher risk of HIV infections should be placed at the centre of the AIDS programme design and implementation in Sri...
Princy Mangalika knows what it’s like to be ostracized. Twelve years ago when she became infected with HIV, her house was torched, she...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 3,000 [2,000 - 5,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- <0.1% [<0.1% - <0.1%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 2,900 [1,900 - 4,800]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- <1,000 [<1,000 - 1,500]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- <200 [<200 - <500]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
Sri Lanka Contacts
UNAIDS country coordinator
Country progress reports - 2012PDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF