UNAIDS welcomes the recent lifting of all restrictions on entry, stay and residence for people living with HIV in Tajikistan. The...
The Programme, supported by a three-year grant of US$ 16.5 million from the Russian Government, aims to strengthen health systems,...
HIV prevalence has been increasing in the Republic of Tajikistan for more than two decades. Now a network of Y-PEER youth trainers,...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2013)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 14,000 [10,000 - 20,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 0.3% [0.2% - 0.4%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 13,000 [9,500 - 18,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 4,200 [3,100 - 6,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- [ - 1,400]
- Deaths due to AIDS
- [ - 1,300]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17