Trinidad and Tobago
Representatives from government, civil society, people living with HIV, UN agencies and development partners from across the Caribbean...
A UNICEF-supported programme called 'Kicking AIDS Out' (KAO) has recently been initiated in Speyside, northern Tobago, by the Trinidad...
Violence against women is increasing women and girls’ vulnerability to HIV in the Caribbean region. This is the stark message which...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2013)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 14,000 [13,000 - 15,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 1.7% [1.6% - 1.7%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 14,000 [13,000 - 14,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 7,100 [6,800 - 7,500]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- Deaths due to AIDS
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17