United Republic of Tanzania
As part of its on-going commitment to the Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon (PRRR) initiative, UNAIDS Executive Director Michel Sidibé pledged to...
The need to ensure that people in Africa have access to essential, high quality, safe and affordable medicines has just received a...
Following the High Level Meeting on AIDS where world leaders agreed on bold targets, UNAIDS convened a workshop in Dar es Salaam,...
HIV and AIDS estimates (2012)
- Number of people living with HIV
- 1,500,000 [1,300,000 - 1,600,000]
- Adults aged 15 to 49 prevalence rate
- 5.1% [4.6% - 5.7%]
- Adults aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 1,200,000 [1,100,000 - 1,400,000]
- Women aged 15 and up living with HIV
- 730,000 [660,000 - 810,000]
- Children aged 0 to 14 living with HIV
- 230,000 [200,000 - 270,000]
- Deaths due to AIDS
- 80,000 [69,000 - 94,000]
- Orphans due to AIDS aged 0 to 17
- 1,200,000 [1,000,000 - 1,300,000]
United Republic of Tanzania Contacts
UNAIDS Country Coordinator
Country progress reports - 2008 - other entitiesPDF
National Commitments and Policies Instrument (NCPI) - 2012PDF